Monday, November 3, 2008

Such a blessing!

I love my church. I cannot imagine not having the relationships and support that I find their. This week that feeling is on another level. Through God I am positive, my paths have crossed with a wonderful woman! After many passings by at the coffee bar we got to talking, turned out she lives in the same housing addition as me~ small world! Anyways, she is the head instructor and program coordinator at Agape therapeutic horseback rinding in Cicero. I have heard a lot about the benefits of that particular therapy for autism, but knew we probably couldn't afford it. Turns out they offer scholarships. Well last Saturday we went for a visit to Agape and was informed that Ashton was going to be able to attend the class for 6 weeks free! What a blessing this time will be for him. The hope is that we will be able to come up with the money for him to continue as well, but I know that in just the 6 weeks God will do some work in him. It is a christian organization, HORSE actually stands for Honering Our Risen Savior Everyday. Awesome!


Tonight was Ash's first lesson and he was so excited. He did so well and the other boys enjoyed walking around outside and petting all of the animals on the facility. Please pray that this will be exactly what Ashton needs.

No comments: