Monday, November 24, 2008

Dear Aylah's Birthday Party!

Oh my, has a year flown by! I remember the night Mike and Shana told me the wonderful news, I was sitting in my living room when I knock came to the door. To my curiosity, they handed me a card, as I read it I realized their wonderful news- a baby was on the way! YIPPEE!

Then the nine months dragged on as beautiful Shana glowed with excitment and Aylah looked as if she'd burst from her belly! I'll have to say that Shana was one the prettiest pregnant woman I have ever seen, not just her cute little belly, but the constant smile on her face that beamed with pride that only a mother could understand.

Finally the day arrived, when little Aylah entered the world and I am so glad that I was a part of the whole process (not the birth of course, but the news, the pregnancy, and then the baby!). I am still very saddened that I have not been as big a part of Aylah and Shana's life since because of my move and marriage, but I hope that Shana still knows how much I love and miss her (if you didn't, now you do!)

Now, a year later, and I feel such joy and excitement for the Saywer family. Aylah couldn't be more blessed than to have Shana and Mike as her parents. I look forward to the years ahead and watching her bloom in to the woman God designed her to be under the loving guidance of her parents. Mike and Shana, you have done a great job with Aylah and I know that with your love, support, and guidance she will be a big blessing to those around her and to furthering God's Kingdom!

Here are some pics from her party, although I was late and missed the cake ;( I had a family Thanksgiving to attend.





She just could not keep the balloon from floating away!


Aylah and I


Shana, Aylah, Zach, and I

1 comment:

The Sawyers said...

You are SOOO sweet Melissa! Thanks for all the compliments! Aylah and I are so excited that you and Zachary came to her b-day party. You made it extra special and she loves her purse very much! I love the pic of the 4 of us, you'll have to email it to me!