Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Toot Toot!

I cannot believe I forgot to mention this yesterday. Zachary said one of the funniest things I think I have heard in a VERY long time, goes to show you can never underestimate what might come out of little mouths. We were at church and participating in the Family Worship, highway 67. The topic was doing secret acts of kindness. There was a skit, songs, and a lesson. (It was really neat). Well, during the lesson, the teacher talked about the old saying "don't toot your own horn". Well, during family time, I asked Zachary what he learned, he said "don't fart your own trumpet, fart for Jesus". I know that he was not meaning any rudeness in the matter, just got a little confused in the lingo. Now, when you hear that saying, if you do, you can remember Zach's spin on it ;)

2 comments:

The Sawyers said...

That's too funny. I'll have to tell Mike, maybe he can you that as an illustration someday in a sermon!

grandma curl said...

How funny! I've chuckled all morning. I forwarded this to my pastor, friends and family. I'm sure it will bring a smile to their face.