Sunday, July 20, 2008

Homecoming!

Well, it has been a tough couple of days. If you are close to me then you will understand that statement in a minute. The boys ended up going with their 'real' mother, as she refers to herself ( I am just the stand-in-mother that has all the responsibility while she enjoys all the fun), for 4 days in a row, which will continue for the next for weeks of summer break. They will be coming home today and I am very excited and stressed. I missed them very much but do not look forward to the days of reprogramming ;) These next four weeks will be very trying because there will only be 3 days in between visits. Andy leaves tomorrow for a business trip, luckily he will be home wednesday evening. VBS is this week as well, so it will be very busy. I never imagined being a step-mom would be this hard. Please do not take that statement the wrong way, I love it! - But I didn't foresee all of the emotions and hurt that went along with it. They have become like my own children and to have them leave for 4 days to go to their moms was very hard. I worry about their safety and stability when they are away from me but there is not much I can do but pray. I will be very glad when they walk through the front door and I can wrap my arms around them and know they are safe again ;)

No comments: