Wednesday, May 27, 2009

God will never give you more than you can handle

I know this to be true, but in times like these it is hard to see that truth. Yesterday we were given the hard news that if we moved to Ca we could not take the boys with us. Well of course that means we will not be moving, we would never leave our children! As much as I was angry and confused by this verdict, Andy and I have come to the conclusion that God has better plans for us here. I told myself all along that if God did not want us to go, He would prevent us from doing so. I guess this was His way.

It of course would have been easier to know sooner on instead of putting all of our eggs in one basket. The next couple of months are going to be very hard and major prayer is needed. I have applied for teaching positions in the fall at Heights, Andy is hoping that he can work remotely for Pelco, and I am going to try babysitting through the summer and getting a night job at a restaurant if needed. 

The boys were a little upset, expecially Zach and Caleb. Collin and Ashton are mostly worried about Andy's job. Although we do not have any answers for them, I know God is in control and I trust His promises for us. I know He will take care of us and new doors will open. Actually a part of me is very glad we aren't moving. I have formed some very good friendships here and did not look forward to leaving them. Also I am very attached to my church and cried every Sunday because I knew we had to leave. I have never been involved in a church like ACC and I really felt like I was doing what God wanted me to do working with teen girls there. Now that I am not moving I can hopefully get back in touch with the group of girls I had and keep in touch with them.

Well all, prayers are appreciated. I will keep you posted.

Goodnight

1 comment:

The Sawyers said...

We are definitely praying for you guys! Keep focused on the Lord, just like you always do...He is faithful and will provide for you guys!