Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My babies are growing up!

Today was the first day of school for this year, a day filled with excitement and sadness. The boys of course were very excited. We met Collin and Zach's teachers last night and Ash kept the same teacher, Caleb has one year left at home with me :-) I was both excited and sad. My babies (well the youngest school agers) are in 2nd grade! So hard to believe! Time flies so fast, before you know it we are going to have the boys at 3 different schools, one in the middle, two in elementary, and one in primary! Then comes high school- AHHH!
They all had very good days today, and of course to make all the better, no homework. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to stay home and savor the moments with my wonderful boys while they are young, you can never get the time back and you can never re-create the memories once they are grown. I want them to remember that I was always there for them; at school functions, helping out in the classroom, coming to lunch, and here when they got home to help them with school-work. It may not be the easiest job, and like my favorite song says, "it doesn't pay overtime" but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

The Sawyers said...

I can't believe how old they look. They are definitely not little boys anymore!
I'm so glad you get to stay home too! There is nothing like it!
Love ya!